Saturday 19 November 2011

Strange

Strange how things work out, isn`t it? I knew that one of the young girls who rides Blue is called Martha and having spotted her with her father one day at the yard, thought that I recognised him. She was there again today, this time with her mother who I definitely knew as they used to live down the road in Deb`s old house! Today I came back in on Dudley and she looked across and asked if I lived at such and such a place which I confirmed. She asked my name and I greeted her with hers, to her surprise! Turns out she`s quite a chatterbox and I was there for some considerale time before Dudley became ever more impatient and insisted on his liberation. Boldly, she asked if it might be possible to have lessons on him. I have no issue with this as she is a gentle person who I know would not hurt him. The only issue would be how she rides so the upshot is that Sarah is happy to give Jane a lesson on him and she will assess her suitability for Dudley. I have said that we`ll have a trial period and if it proves beneficial for all concerned, we shall proceed.

One thing it has made me realise is that I can never share him! Having a lesson once a fortnight is one thing, riding him more often is quite another. Dudley is my boy and I just don`t want to share him! Maybe once over but not now. He`s mine!





No comments:

Post a Comment