Wednesday 23 November 2011

The HiPo and the Heffalump

We had a lesson yesterday in which Dudley excelled and which I, well, didn`t! The format at the moment is that Sarah will ride him first to warm him up and to get him going then I will take over. Yesterday was no exception. For Sarah he did his usual stuffy beginning then click goes the switch and he loosens up and is responsive and forward-going. Cue me getting on and although he initially stepped off quite well (following a pure Thelwell moment when he leaned over the border of the school to help himself to some grass), he slowed down and tossed his head and was generally not terribly co-operative. That boy really made me work and at the end of it we were both huffing and puffy and sweating not inconsiderably. Sarah took some photos which don`t portray the amount of effort that I at least was putting in. One thing they do show is just how much weight I have put on - I look like a regular heffalump sat atop of a much fitter HiPo. It`ll hopefully shame me into getting myself into gear and lose some weight. Hopefully!

The Expert:


The Learner:


The Heffalump:

No comments:

Post a Comment