Saturday 3 March 2012

Obsession

Dudley has developed certain obsessions. His main one at the moment is to pull at any pieces of velcro he can find about my person. The velcro cuffs are his current favourite and he will root around until he finds a bit then with his teeth he deftly unfastens it. He once did the same with a hi viz tabard I had which fastened with velcro tabs that passed around the body and attached at the back. By the time I had bent down and locked the gate he had undone all the straps and the tabard fell off!

He likes my pony tail too. If he`s in the stable when I`m mucking out (they`re still in at night), he will chomp on it and try to remove the bobble. He`ll try and do the same while I`m grooming him, twisting round to grab any bit of my hair he can find. He`s the same with wellies and the buckle on the side. Not for the first time has he made a grab at it as I`ve walked past, the buckles on the ariat wellies being somewhat substantial and apparently irresistable.

His other little foible is grooming. He has a particular penchant for the nape of my neck and the small of my back and while I know I should probably disallow him, I do rather like that bristly massage, especially when he gets his teeth in!

No comments:

Post a Comment